Cut 2D X
is an Automation component - within a dll - used for obtaining
optimal cutting or nesting layouts for two
dimensional sheets and parts.
Cut 2D X can be used for cutting
and nesting rectangular sheets made of glass, wood,
metal, or any other material used by industrial applications.
Cut 2D X
is based on COM technology and
can be used
within any programming enviroment such as
Visual Basic, VB .NET, VC++
.NET, VC#, Excel VBA, Java etc. It is also available as a
standard C++ code for cross-platform compilation.
check our end-user software:
Cutting Optimization pro
Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
if you want to test this component.
- Guillotine cutting optimization - The cuts are performed from one side to
the other of the material. This feature is very useful for glass, wood, termopan, ...
- Non-guillotine nesting optimization - The cutting machine can follow
the shape of the material. In this case you need to have a complex
machine based on laser or flame blade.
- NEW Multi-Stage cutting optimization - The optimization is done in
stages. In each stage all cuts have the same direction (First cut
direction is decided by you). This is useful when you have many sheets
to cut and you are interested in obtaining faster cutting results. This
optimisation is useful when it is hard for you to rotate the sheet.
- Four independent cutting optimization algorithms - There are
optimization algorithms for guillotine cuttings and 1 for nesting. Combining these algorithms you will have a good
optimization with a minimal waste generation.
- NEW Manual arrange of pieces after cutting optimisation - If you
are not satisfied with the current result you can modify them manually.
Cut 2D X offers you a complete set of functions which helps you
to arrange the layouts with the mouse.
- Independent measurement metric - The way in which you
introduce the data is a general one. You don't have to specify a metric.
Just choose a metric in your mind and enter all data using that metric
- Handles faulty materials
- holes can be specified for stock pieces. Holes will be avoided when
- Trim margins - useful
for handling faulty sheets whose margin must be trimmed.
- Adjustable cutting blade thickness - For glass cutting with
diamond the cutting blade width is 0, but for wood, metal handling you
need a saw blade with a greater width.
- Adjustable cutting length - One may specify the maximum
length that is permitted for a cut. This feature is useful for glass
industry where too long cuttings can break the glass. Also, if you cut
manually you cannot reach any position on the cutting table, thus you
have to perform shorter cuttings at the beginning of the process.
- Adjustable optimization level - One may specify how many
layouts to be generated before the solution is outputted. If you don't
have too much time and you don't have a good computer you may set the
Optimization Level to a low level. This feature helps you to run
your program on any kind of computer (from 486 to the best processors
- Adjustable breakage width - useful for cutting materials by breaking
them - e.g. glass.
- Any size less than 2 billion units - the size of the pieces
is limited by the size of the data types introduced by the C++
- Features for optimizing materials with fibre - such as wood or PAL.
You may specify if a piece can be rotated or not. This will help to cut
along or perpendicular to the material fibre.
- Statistics related to the current optimization - At the end
of the optimisation process you will have access to the many statistics
about nesting: number of
cuts, cut's definition (starting and ending point), number of
waste rectangles, the waste rectangles (the coordinates of the top-left
and bottom-right corners), number of utilized pieces, the placement of
the utilized pieces, used surface, ...
- Can be embedded within any language that supports
COM Automation and
dynamic link library (dll) - Visual Basic (VB), Delphi, C++Builder,
VC++, C#, Excel VBA, Java etc
- Cross-platform availability
- Can be integrated in C++ projects developed for many operating
systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac etc.
- Very fast algorithms - Solutions are obtained within seconds.
This small running time is due to the state of art Artificial
Intelligence optimization algorithms.
- Full featured examples of utilization - The Cut 2D X package
contains examples for Borland C++Builder, Borland Delphi, Microsoft
Visual Basic 6 and 2005 .NET, Visual C++ 2005 .NET, Excel 2003 VBA and
- Already used in award winning products - Check our product
Cutting Optimization Pro
which uses this component. Check our partners page where
you will find some of the companies which are already using our
components for developing their optimisation products.
- Multiple options for buying the component - You may purchase
the component for one computer only or for infinite number of computers.
The range of prices is for every pocket.
availability - the component can be integrated in C++ projects
written for other operating systems like: Linux, Unix, Mac etc.
Contact us for more details.
Java example - A
simple console based example showing the integration with Java.
Excel 2003 nesting
- now you can optimize directly from Excel.
Visual C++ 6 with MFC
- An example on how to integrate the nesting component with Microsoft
- COM 32-64 bit dll - for Microsoft Windows platform.
- library - for Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc -
please contact us for more details.
- Can be integrated with .NET applications.
- Can be integrated with Java applications.
Options for buying the component
a) 1 license of
32bit dll: 35 EURO / license (computer/user).
b) site license, royalty free distribution,
non-Windows systems: UNIX, LINUX, MAC OS X etc:
d) 64 bit COM dll:
If you don't receive an answer
from us in 24 hours it means that your email provider blocks our email
address.! In this case please send us an
email from an yahoo, gmail or hotmail address !
Looking for a true shape
nesting library ?
Check our AnyShape Cut 2D X
Are you a
wood/metal/glass/plastic cutter looking for an optimization software ?
Check our Cutting Optimization
pro software here.