I have just created a short movie showing how to work with products. You may watch it here:
Products in Cutting Optimization pro is a feature that will reduce the time spent to enter repetitive data in Cutting Optimization pro.
Imagine that you created a chair, or any other furniture. You know its components. You know that it has a part of 1000×500 size and 2 parts of 500×500.
If your customers want that chair, you have to introduce its sizes multiple times (once for each customer).
If you use products, you could introduce the sizes only once … and then you may added it to demand each time you need it.
Here are the steps for creating and using a product.
1. Go to menu Products | Show products.
2. Create a new product by pressing button “+”. Give a name to product.
3. Add the components of product in the table below. This has a similar structure with the Demand table from the main window of the Cutting Optimization pro.
4. Press ok. The product has been created and we can use it.
5. Now, assume that a customer wants 2 chairs (your product). Go to menu Products | Add product to demand.
6. From the list of the products select the one that you want to add it.
7. You may specify the quantity (how many copies of that product you want).
8. You may also re-assign the materials that are used to create that product.
9. Press Ok, and the product will be added to the current demand. You will see the sizes of the product’s parts added to demand list.
10. Start the optimization…